There are some simple and effective strategies to get quality traffic to your site, and most of them are free or low cost.
1. Good old fashioned value for search engines. This is perhaps the most cost effective to get many customers on your site because it costs nothing. A website with the top ranking, even over a period slightly popular, can get thousands of visitors per month. Visit any database of SEO forum or article and you can find hundreds of tips effective search engine optimization and tweaks to apply to your website for free.
2. Pay-Per-Click Campaigns (PPC). Almost all major search engines offer some sort of marketing Pay-Per-Click. It is a great way to get targeted traffic to your site, and with some offers as low as $ 0.01 per click, it can also be very economical. Although Google Adwords and Yahoo Search Marketing (formerly Overture) are the main players in the PPC market, there are some really good deals to be found with some of the smaller search engines, such as ExactSeek.com and GoClick. com.
3. Traffic exchanges. Traffic exchanges offer a website owner an instant, free way to get traffic to their site. Traffic exchanges are all sorts of themes and forms, but the underlying principle remains the same: I see your site, you view my site. The ratio of the sites you post on your site views can be different, depending on the individual awards, but it is recommended to find one with a ratio of 2:1 or better. Traffic exchanges also offer a multi-level referral program that gives you a percentage of traffic earned by affiliates bring you into the program. Traffic Swarm.com, NoMoreHits.com and StudioTraffic.com all offer a web site owner a great way to increase traffic, or you can simply search for "traffic exchange" into a search engine to find a exchange for you.
4. Link exchanges. Link exchanges are a great way to increase web traffic, and the benefits are twofold. Not only do you get traffic to the binding site, you also get the added benefit of better search engine placement with each link pointing to your site. Reciprocal linking has always been a major component of the optimization of efficient search engine, weighing more day of being placed on quality and quantity of links pointing to your site. Make sure your anchor text is the keyword (s) you are targeting, but at the same time, periodic sentence in your anchor text differently so that all links pointing to your site does not say the same thing. This makes your links appear more "natural". Linkalizer.com and Linkmarket.net are some good, free services to help you in your campaign link exchange, or you can also visit a forum or SEO / article database for more tips ezine .
5. Banner Exchanges. Banner exchange working on the same principle that exchanges links, and according to the banner you decide to promote, can be very effective in developing targeted web traffic to your website. As for exchanging links, comparing ratios of 2:1 or better, with banner exchanges provide a 1:1 ratio. The banner you decide to use is very important, as many users are unaware of most banners they see. Your banner must be catchy and should force the user to take action and click right away, but at the same time you do not want it to be too flashy as turning off potential customers. Most banner exchange programs also have an option to purchase banner impressions at extremely low prices, usually a few dollars to thousands of impressions. This is a great way to put your company in front of many customers, and helps increase your "reputation". Click4click.com ThebannerExchange.net and some free banner exchanges that can provide immediate advertising your site and traffic.
6. Write articles. Writing articles is a great, free way to promote your online business, and may involve a significant number of targeted customers to your site, usually within a few days. The key is to submit your article to as many databases as possible and directories. Hundreds of thousands of webmasters and other Internet users around the world in search of databases and directories article a day, usually in search of quality content for their own websites. Every webmaster who reprints your article should include your resource box, which should include a link to your website. Not only that gives visibility to your great company, it also improves the ranking of your search engine with a free one-way link that your article provides. http://www.zapcontent.com/ and databases are GoArticles.com very popular item with free submission and fast approvals.
7. Campaigns paid to read (PTR). Paid to read campaigns are an extremely low cost method of getting real, guaranteed visitors to your site quickly. With PTR campaigns, people are paid to view your site for a certain period of time. Because most campaigns are not targeted PTR, this is not the most effective means of advertising. However, it is a great way to build an opt-in list or ezine subscribers at low cost. Usually, only a few dollars, you can send an announcement to all members of a program. It is always a good idea to find PTR programs that are well established, with many members in its database. Most programs have the number of subscribers and other stats shown on the homepage of their website. Donkeymails.com Maxprofit.org and are well established, thousands of members, and the price of advertising down.
8. E-mail campaigns and Safelists. e-mail campaigns and Safelists provide yet another great option to increase web traffic. These campaigns can work across the spectrum of price, free, to hundreds of dollars per email blast. Although spam concerns seem to have some advertisers reluctant to use e-mail, if you use a proper third party or safelist, you can get targeted traffic to your site within hours. BusinessWorldList.com and Herculist.com few safelists with many opt-in subscribers.
9. Create your own Opt-In List. It is a great way to get your own group of ready-to-buy prospects to your site. Get content on your list is as easy as search ezine or article database, and an easy way to get people to join is to simply offer something. Another way to build a list is through viral marketing. Sites such as ListFire.com can help you build a big list quickly with appropriate disclosure.
10. Buying web traffic. There is no more a "hands free" way to get traffic to your site, than just buy it. The price of quality, targeted web traffic can vary widely from site to site. It is advisable to compare web traffic campaigns that offer targeting to your specific audience, and statistics in real time. This way, you can better manage and monitor your advertising budget.
As you can see, with a little effort, and not much money, you can make quality web site traffic to your site immediately. Although not every technique is appropriate for each site, choose a few that suit you and watch your traffic rise