Thousands of people scour the internet every day trying to find the best home based business and affiliate program to get involved with. Making money online is now a popular choice among people looking to bolster their monthly income in their spare time.
There are so many businesses online, however, that most of them do not succeed.
In the offline world over 70% of new businesses fail within two years. Online that figure is only 30%, so don't believe the myth that it's harder to succeed online. That being said, of course, there must be a reason why opportunities like Global Domains International are able to last long term and others cannot make it out of their starting blocks. We are going to show you that reason now.
Before you get involved with any affiliate program you should ask yourself the following five questions.
1. Does the product provided by the company actually represent value for money? Most online businesses neglect their product and just hype up their earnings opportunity. That's a big reason for failure.
2. Is the compensation plan as good as they make it out to be?
3. Take a look at the length of time they've been in business for. MLM companies will often tell you how long the owners have been in the industry for, but that is useless information. Twenty years of experience sounds impressive, but they could have been going in and out of business with different programs for that entire time. You need to concentrate on how long the actual company has been around for.
4. Do you have a target? If not, you need to set one.
5. How much time do you have available to work on your business? Knowing the answer to this question will also enable you to utilize that time more wisely and set up a routine.
If you are able to generate a positive answer to all five questions listed above then your chances of long term success are good. If you get a negative response, even if it's just one, we recommend you keep looking for your ideal opportunity. There is no perfect business, different things appeal to different people.
The check list above will generally tell you if a program is designed for long term results or if you should expect it to be a fly-by-night story. As an affiliate you need to find something you can work with for longer than three months at a time, otherwise you'll be constantly starting from scratch and trying to establish yourself all over again.
You should also notice that the final three questions are about you and not your chosen online business opportunity. You see, before you can truly attempt to become your own boss you need to be very serious about your ambitions and goals.
Most people fail to make money online because they aren't serious enough. There is nothing stopping you, but you need to be ready to pull out all the stops to ensure your own success. Setting a long term goal is a great place to start. Every day from that point you need to move closer to achieving your goal.
We'd also recommend you speak to someone in your life who has become their own boss, even if they've done it via an offline business model such as a shop or garage. They'll explain the importance of the final question, which asks how much time you have to put into your program. There will be hard, testing times and it can feel lonely when you are both the CEO and the front line staff of your own enterprise. This is part and parcel of the deal, you need to be able to take the rough with the smooth.
The biggest battle most people face with internet marketing is the temptation to constantly switch between affiliate programs trying to find an easier ride. Companies will look to prey on people like that, so don't fall for promises of easy success.
When you are looking for the best home based business you should ask yourself the five questions shown in today's post. If you receive a negative answer to any of them, you should keep looking for your perfect opportunity.